Sign up for email updates

News Archive

Success Stories

Read about how RPA has assisted citizens in rate protests. More Info...

How to Protest a Rate Increase

Proposition 218 allows the public to submit a written protest of a proposed rate increase. If greater than 50% of the ratepayers protest an increase, rates cannot be increased.

The protest must have the address or parcel # of the property and the signature of either the property owner or the person responsible for paying the water bill.

You can fill out this protest form, then print and sign it and mail it to Ratepayer Protection Alliance, PO Box 51, Pine Grove CA 95665. RPA will hand deliver your protest to AWA on the date of the rate hearing.

If you would like to help RPA stop unjustified rate increases, you can get involved by collecting signatures in your neighborhood or making a donation for postage costs.

Read the legal text of Prop 218 from the CA Legislative Analyst's Office.